Sunday 22 April 2012

Mahdist, Dervish and Army Painter.

I recently multi based 6 Dervish to see how effective the army painter is with them.

Basically undercoated white. Base colours only. Army painter strong tone followed by one level of highlighting. Considerably faster than my normal method and not too much difference.

Undercoat applied
Base coats applied very quickly. Missed out my usual first stage brown.
Army painter applied, Shiny.
Finished units with highlighted flesh and cloth. 1 level of highlighting instead of the usual two.
A traditionally painted dervish adds to the unit.
Close up of both army painter and traditional Dervish

2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Looks pretty good to me and certainly a lot quicker. Definitely on to a winner there.

wardy-la said...

I am actually surprised at how good those chaps have come up.